Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Summer Garden

Yesterday afternoon I sat in the shade under the mulberry tree with the three chickens.  They were resting and occasionally pecked at an ant that wondered in front of them and chatted quietly while I read a book.  Chickens enjoy human company, whenever I sit with them they always come over and peck at a button or something that takes their interest and they always have a little chat to me.







We are enjoying summer in the Southern Hemisphere and our garden in at its best, with luxuriant foliage and bright, tropical flowers.  The chickens are not allowed in the house garden because they scratch everything up but they do have a large area where they are free in scratch and explore to their heart's content.  These are just a few photos of our garden that I took recently. 

4 comments:

  1. I have never followed a blog about chickens before but in every life there is a first time for everything.

    Not sure whether or not I should cluck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha good to see you GG. I'm amazed just how many stories these chickens provide. No need to cluck, they do enough of that for everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos annie. You are making me really home sick. No flowers here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Chelsea the flowers are beautiful but skiing Pakalolo and Couloir Extreme!!! That is totally and amazingly incredible, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete