Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Today is hot and dry and the chickens have been panting.  I put the sprinker on for awhile but they weren't really interested so  I moved the large water container from their pen and put it in the shade where they like to rest.  Abbey stood in it and had a drink so I went back inside.  Later I heard them making a lot of noise and I ran outside only to find a very large goanna also having a drink from the same container.  Yes, today is hot! 

I was afraid it would bite the chicks but they were definitely more interested in it than it was in them.  I opened the gate and let it out as it couldn't find it's way back out.  I was surprised how close the chickens went to it!   Just read that they will attack chickens and they are after the eggs, will have to keep an eye on that one.

Enjoy the cold weather!  : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment