Monday, November 14, 2011

One simple pleasure that never diminishes is collecting eggs from the nesting box each morning.  I always tell Abbey and Skeeta how clever they are!  And today I baked a pineapple, coconut, banana and rum cake using their eggs.  This cake uses olive oil instead of butter and light ricotta cheese, roasted coconut, vanilla and rum for icing.  Love trying different recipes!

The chickens are lying low today, they are all resting together in heavy shade keeping cool.  It is 29 degrees with only 49% humidity, a dry wind and no rain forecast.  The sort of weather I dislike most because I can see the garden wilting more and more each day which means I will have to start watering and that is time consuming.  Where is La Nina!  Hiding somewhere in the Pacific ready to pounce probably.  : )

Thanks for all the tea varieties, I am having a great time trying them all.  Today I had High Mountain Good Tea.  And they are right!

No comments:

Post a Comment